PLEASE NOTE: THIS WORKSHOP IS TAUGHT ONLINE USING ZOOM!
Do you have an online portfolio but are unsure if it’s effective? Employers and hiring managers tell us what they’re looking for in a portfolio or reel on a regular basis (we’ve helped over 3,000 job seekers find work) so we can help you tighten up your presentation and put your best work forward. Join us for an informative peer portfolio review — it’s free and can make all the difference in the world. Here’s how it works:
- Enroll in a Peer Portfolio Review session.
- Once you receive an enrollment confirmation please fill out this form to submit a link to your online portfolio.
- On the Zoom session you’ll show your portfolio as if you were presenting to an employer. You’ll have 5 minutes so it’s best to practice before you join the session. Don’t be nervous! We’re here to help.
- Be prepared to state the kind of jobs you’re looking for, what role you will play and why your portfolio proves you have skills to pay the proverbial bills.
- You’ll receive feedback from BAVC’s workforce team in real time as well as from your peers.
- You’ll be able to hear feedback on other people’s portfolios which could help you with your own portfolio.
- You’ll offer feedback to others (and it’s a chance to network).
- You can sign up as often as you’d like, space permitting (sessions are capped at 8 people).
Need a portfolio but not sure where to start? Enroll in all four Portfolio Development classes — they’re full of awesome ideas to help you put together the best look for your creative assets.
Photo by Charles Deluvio on Unsplash