PLEASE NOTE: THIS WORKSHOP IS TAUGHT ONLINE USING ZOOM!
Being able to conduct an interview that results in powerful and effective material can make or break your film. This online class developed in San Francisco will take the students through the various steps for preparing an engaging camera interview from research, pre-production, production to post production. Interview samples will be screened and analyzed to highlight different approaches and dos and don’ts. Practice interviews will be set up so students have a chance to interview each other and/or be interviewed.
This class will show you the best workflow practices, and prepare you to both ask the tough questions and get your interviewees to share their deepest thoughts and feelings on camera.
Topics covered (among others):
- How to structure the interview
- How to prepare questions
- What is the style/look of your interview?
- How to choose the right camera, sound and lighting gear
- How to prepare the interviewee
- Professional vs. non-professional interviewee
- How to pick & prepare a set
- Dos and Don’ts during the interview
- Quick fixes for problems during the interview
- Transcripts & paper edits
- Film Interview Training In San Francisco
BAVC offers online classes developed in San Francisco, many students come to us with an interest in taking an interviewing technique training class. Whether you are interested in engaging camera interview from research, pre-production, production to post production. This class will draw students from San Francisco and all over the Bay Area. Students even attend from Oakland or Marin County.
Photo by Soundtrap on Unsplash