- Take Classes
- Get A Job
- Youth Programs
- Next Gen
- Advanced Tracks
- The Factory
- BUMP Records
- BUMP at 10
- Bridges Fellowship
- Remix Videos
- Adobe Youth Voices
- Next Gen
- SF Commons
- Independent Media
HomeTerms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The words "use" or "using" in this Agreement means any time an individual (a "user"), directly or indirectly, with or without the aid of a machine or device, does or attempts to access, interact with use, display, view, print or copy from the Site, transmit, receive or exchange data or communicate with the Site, or in any way utilizes, benefits, takes advantage of or interacts with any function, service or feature of the Site, for any purpose whatsoever. This Agreement does not cover your rights or responsibilities with respect to third party content or sites or any links that may direct your browser or your connection to third party sites or pages. This is the entire and exclusive Agreement between you and us regarding use of the Site and it cannot be modified, except as specifically described below in Section 2.
We may require each user to have a unique user name and password combination in order to access and use certain features or functions of the Site and may also, from time to time, provide users with additional codes or passwords necessary to access and use certain features or functions of the Site. (or we may assign an initial password which we will give you the option to change). Your user name and password are personal to you and you may not allow any others to use your user name or password under any circumstances. We are not liable for any harm caused or related to the theft or misappropriation of your user name or password, disclosure of your user name or password, or your authorization of anyone else to use your user name or password. You agree to immediately notify us if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of (or activity using) your user name or password or any other need to deactivate your user name or password due to security concerns.
2. RULES OF CONDUCT
You are solely responsible for all activities, acts and omissions that occur in, from, through or under your user name or password. You shall not use, allow, or enable others to use the Site, or knowingly condone use of this Site by others, in any manner that is, attempts to, or is likely to:
• be defamatory, indecent, vulgar or obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or sexually suggestive, racially, culturally, or ethnically offensive, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, objectionable, discriminatory, or abusive, or which may or may appear to impersonate anyone else;
• send or result in the transmission of junk e-mail, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages, or so-called "spamming" and "phishing";
• transmit, distribute or upload programs or material that contain malicious code, such as viruses, timebombs, cancelbots, worms, trojan horses, spyware, or other potentially harmful programs or other material or information;
• forge any TCP/IP packet header or part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting for any reason;
• violate any laws, regulations (including, without limitation, laws regarding the transmission of technical data or software exported from the United States), judicial or governmental order, any treaties or violate or infringe upon any intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy, or any other rights of ours or of any other person, firm or enterprise; gain unauthorized access to the Site, other users' accounts, names, passwords, personally identifiable information or other computers, websites or pages, connected or linked to the Site or to use the Site in any manner which violates or is inconsistent with the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
• modify, disrupt, impair, alter or interfere with the use, features, functions, operation or maintenance of the Site or the rights or use and enjoyment of the Site by any other person, firm or enterprise; or
• collect, obtain, compile, gather, transmit, reproduce, delete, revise, view or display any material or information, whether personally identifiable or not, posted by or concerning any other person, firm or enterprise, in connection with their or your use of the Site, unless you have obtained the express, prior permission of such other person, firm or enterprise to do so.
If we determine, in our sole discretion and judgment, that any Posting does or may violate any of the terms of this Agreement, we reserve the right, at any time and without limiting any and all other rights we may have under this Agreement, at law or in equity, to: (a) refuse to allow you to Post; (b) remove and delete Postings; (c) revoke your right to use the Site; and/or (d) use any technological, legal, operational or other means available to us to enforce the provisions of this Agreement, including, without limitation, blocking specific IP addresses or deactivating your registration on the Site.
4. DEACTIVATION/TERMINATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION OR USE
If you are registered to use the Site, you may deactivate your account on the Site, at any time and for any reason by contacting the Site's Administrator. Please be prepared to provide verification of your identity. We may terminate your use of and registration on the Site, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause, without prior notice to you and without any liability or further obligation of any kind whatsoever to you or any other party.
6. USER CONTENT STANDARDS; UNAUTHORIZED CONTENT
You agree you will not submit or attempt to submit, and we have the right to reject, refuse to accept, remove or otherwise handle as BAVC’S NEXT GENERATION PROGRAMS deems appropriate, any "Unauthorized Content" which is defined as any User Content that is or could be construed as violating any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and/or any of the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement including, without limitation:
• infringing on a third party's copyright or other intellectual property rights;
• causing harm, harassing anyone or which may prevent, prohibit, inhibit, restrict or otherwise impair others from using or enjoying our Site;
• unauthorized access to the User Content Submission Features or information of other users;
• the modification, impairment, disruption, alteration or interference with the use, features, functions, operation or maintenance of the User Content Submission Features; or
• any requirements, rules, terms or conditions that may be applicable to the User Content Submission Features.
7. LAW THAT APPLIES TO THIS AGREEMENT; MISCELLANEOUS TERMS