- Take Classes
- Get A Job
- Youth Programs
- Digital Pathways
- Advanced Tracks
- The Factory
- BUMP Records
- BUMP at 10
- Bridges Fellowship
- Remix Videos
- Adobe Youth Voices
- Digital Pathways
- SF Commons
- Independent Media
There are many ways to participate in SF Commons. Public access TV is a great way to get involved with your local community, learn media skills, and produce shows for television. Everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of age, income, ability, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, point of view, or any other factor. SF Commons is local media created by and for the local community. So come check it out! To sign up:
- Become a BAVC member and be sure sign up for our E-news to stay posted on SF Commons.
- Get an SF Commons orientation: attend a BAVC open house (usually the first Saturday of every month during our regular program hours, 9:00am - 3:00pm), where you can meet other producers and students and learn how to get involved, or contact us to make an brief orientation appointment with SF Commons staff. At the orientation, we just need two documents from you: a signed Statement of Compliance with our Policies & Procedures, and dated Proof of San Francisco Residency.
San Francisco-based Nonprofits (501c3 organizations) can sign up as a nonprofit member to get public access benefits, training, facilities, equipment access, and services for up to four employees, and can also participate in special nonprofit workshops (such as public service announcement days), submit PSAs and event announcements to the channels, and even produce an annual 30-minute telethon to raise money for your organization.
Public access television is a community service for local nonprofits. You can use public access to:
- Get your message out on local cable television and the web
- Create public service announcements to promote events and issues
- Low cost video training for your staff and volunteers
- Access to professional training, production and postproduction facilities (free with nonprofit membership)