- Take Classes
- Youth Programs
- Digital Pathways
- Advanced Tracks
- The Factory
- BUMP Records
- BUMP at 10
- Remix Videos
- Adobe Youth Voices
- Digital Pathways
- SF Commons
- Independent Media
- Client Profiles
- A/V Artifact Atlas
- Submit an Inquiry
- Preserving Dance Heritage
- Lost Treasures
- Preservation Access Program
- Get A Job
HomeNewbie Quiz: Dan Stoner
Newbie Quiz: Dan Stoner
Posted on: Thursday, January 10 2013 |
By Matt Sussman, Marketing and Development Associate
Seeing as January is National Mentoring Month we thought it was high time to formally introduce Dan Stoner, our Industry Talent Recruiter and subject him to that tried and true BAVC tradition: the Newbie Quiz. As the main contact with employers for TechSF, Dan discovers open job and internship positions across the IT field with a particular slant towards those in multimedia, tech support, programming and networking.
He then works closely with BAVC's Career Counselor to match the right candidates with those openings, follows up with employers to evaluate candidates' performances and continues driving the relationship between industry and job seekers.
In short, you want this man in your corner. Just don't call him Papa Bear.
1. The story of your life starts out with which 10 words?
Ike and Tina released "Contact High" when I was born.
2. What's your astrological sign?
3. How do you take your coffee?
Strong, full and black. And anything but Starbucks. Anything.
4. Name two things you believe in.
I believe in an honest cheesesteak from Philadelphia and I believe that one can only truly reinvent oneself in San Francisco.
5. What's the last song/movie you paid money for?
"Tiger By The Tail" by Buck Owens and "The Girl With The Regrettable Tattoo"
6. Who would play you in the BAVC movie and why?
I'd like to say Christopher Walken, but I'm pretty sure it would actually be the tall guy from "Fast 'N Loud," unfortunately.
7. Most embarrassing job?
That's a tough one – there are so many to choose from...but, I'd have to say it was the one where I was hired to put on a 7' tall Papa Bear Berenstain costume for a series of FAO Schwartz grand openings.
8. What snacks do you eat at the movies?
A sublime and delicate blend of popcorn with extra butter and Junior Mints.
9. What are you most likely to be doing at 9pm on a Thursday?
Winding down from a long day in front of a warm laptop monitor, stalking the vintage speedboat sellers on craigslist.
10. If you weren’t working at BAVC (and money was an object) what would you be doing?
Trying to figure out how to turn my garage into an illegal gin joint. Wait--did I say that out loud?
11. If you weren’t working at BAVC (and money was no object) what would you be doing?
Opening an automotive cultural center here in San Francisco. With an illegal gin joint operating out of the back at night.
12. What are you looking forward to most in your new job at BAVC?
Helping to develop a plan that makes heroes out of our students with all these amazeballs companies in the Bay Area that are changing the world.