- Take Classes
- Get A Job
- Youth Programs
- Next Gen
- Advanced Tracks
- The Factory
- BUMP Records
- BUMP at 10
- Bridges Fellowship
- Remix Videos
- Next Gen Instructors
- Summer Girl Game Academy
- Next Gen
- SF Commons
- Independent Media
HomeAdobe Youth Voices Orientation for Educators in Oakland
Adobe Youth Voices Orientation for Educators in Oakland
Event Date:Tue, 01/08/2013 - 4:15pm - 5:15pm
Professional development and a chance to be part of Adobe Youth Voices
Adobe Youth Voices, the Adobe Foundation’s signature philanthropy program, aims to empower youth in underserved communities around the globe with real-world experiences and 21st century tools to communicate their ideas, exhibit their potential, and take action in their communities.
Learn more about the program by attending a 1-hour orientation on:
Tuesday, January 8th, from 4:15-5:15
1011 Union, Room 6, Oakland, CA 94607
(Parking in the back)
Then apply to participate in BAVC's two-day Adobe workshop designed just for teachers on JANUARY 15-16, 2013.
Participating Educators will receive the following:
• Training: Two full days of professional development in facilitating youth media using cutting-edge digital tools
• Software: Receive Adobe software for your school (technical specifications and demonstration of need required)
• Resources: Have access to a collection of resources and curricula to advance your skills, support your programs, and inspire youth to Create with Purpose
• Network: Have access to a global network of other educators, digital media mentors and youth storytellers that are passionate about leveraging youth potential
• Exhibit: Take part in a Bay Area-wide student media exhibition in June 2013 in collaboration with Adobe Youth Voices, California Academy of Science, KQED, San Francisco Film Society and TILT at San Francisco Public Library Koret Auditorium
Adobe Youth Voices educators are expected to engage at least 25 youth between the ages of 13-18 in the media making process and submit completed projects at the end of the year to be exhibited. For more information about Adobe Youth Voices, visit: http://youthvoices.adobe.com/about/.
Interested? RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your first choice date for attending the orientation.