- Take Classes
- Youth Programs
- Digital Pathways
- Advanced Tracks
- Adobe Youth Voices
- Digital Pathways
- Independent Media
- BAVC Productions
- Client Profiles
- A/V Artifact Atlas
- Submit an Inquiry
- Preserving Dance Heritage
- Lost Treasures
- NEH Preservation Assistance Grants
- NEH Project Site
- Preservation Access Program
- Get A Job
HomeNewbie Quiz: Jenny Brice
Newbie Quiz: Jenny Brice
Posted on: Friday, February 08 2013 |
Confession: Jenny's Newbie Quiz is waaaaay overdue. Like, a year? Our bad.
Here's the thing: Jenny joined BAVC's Preservation Department all the way back in 2012 as a Dance Heritage Coalition Fellow and, well, she's basically the bizness. Between dropouts, dubmasters, baking tapes and yelling at the playback goblins (I'm speculating here; video preservation is really complicated you guys! --ZB), she does it all and we ended up bringing her onto the BAVC Staff permanently. So, please forgive the lateness of this blog, sit back and meet Jenny!
1. The story of your life starts out with which 10 words?
I interned for a year, and then they hired me.
2. What's your astrological sign?
Leo (lazy and obsessed with my hair)
3. How do you take your coffee?
One cup at a time
4. Name two things you believe in.
Ghosts and Fairies
5. What's the last song/movie you paid money for?
Snow White at the Castro
6. Who would play you in the BAVC movie and why?
Jake Gyllenhaal. When my hair is short, there is an uncanny resemblance.
7. Most embarrassing job?
I was a cocktail waitress at a dinner theater that had 7 shows a week of Forever Plaid for 18 months straight. If I had three coins for every time I've heard "Three Coins in a Fountain"...
8. What snacks do you eat at the movies?
Butter and Salt with popcorn
9. What are you most likely to be doing at 9pm on a Thursday?
Convincing my 3 yr old that witches WILL NOT get her in her sleep.
10. If you weren’t working at BAVC (and money was an object) what would you be doing?
Preserving historic collections at a library or archive or museum
11. If you weren’t working at BAVC (and money was no object) what would you be doing?
Preserving historic collections at a library or archive or museum in an exotic locale.
12. What are you looking forward to most in your new job at BAVC?
Watching hours and hours of VHS, Umatic, Hi-8, and 1/2" open reel video..