- Take Classes
- Youth Programs
- Digital Pathways
- Advanced Tracks
- Adobe Youth Voices
- Digital Pathways
- Independent Media
- BAVC Productions
- Client Profiles
- A/V Artifact Atlas
- Submit an Inquiry
- Preserving Dance Heritage
- Lost Treasures
- NEH Preservation Assistance Grants
- NEH Project Site
- Preservation Access Program
- Get A Job
Professional development and a chance to be part of Adobe Youth Voices
Adobe Youth Voices, the Adobe Foundation’s signature philanthropy program, aims to empower youth in underserved communities around the globe with real-world experiences and 21st century tools to communicate their ideas, exhibit their potential, and take action in their communities. BAVC provides training, mentors, resources and on-site support to help educators integrate digital media in their classes, creating two-three youth produced videos for a public exhibition.
You have a chance to learn more about this opportunity by attending a one-hour orientation in May (options include 5/14 or 5/21), June (6/11 ) or July (7/2) 2013 at 5PM @ BAVC. Interested educators can then apply to participate and attend BAVC's three and a half day training sessions designed just for teachers in June (options include 6/18-21 or 6/24-27) and July (options include 7/8-11 or 7/22-25) 2013.
Download the Letter of Commitment.
Participating Educators (four cohorts of 15) will receive the following:
• Training: Three and a half days of professional development in facilitating youth media using cutting-edge digital tools in June/July 2013; access to Adobe Essentials web portal and subsequent training; and school year workshops on media arts careers, panels and field trips
• Software: Receive Adobe software for your school (technical specifications and demonstration of need required);
and stipends for hardware, equipment and/or field trips
• Stipends: Receive a need-based stipend for equipment and/or field trips
• Resources: Have access to a collection of resources and curricula to advance your skills, support your programs and inspire youth to Create with Purpose
• Mentors: Have access to mentors, on-site support throughout the school year and monthly check-ins
• Network: Have access to a global network of other educators, digital media mentors and youth storytellers that are passionate about leveraging youth potential
Adobe Youth Voices educators are expected to engage at least 20 youth between the ages of 13-18 in the media making process and submit completed youth-produced projects (at least two per educator) at the end of the year to be exhibited and aired. For more information about Adobe Youth Voices, visit: http://youthvoices.adobe.com/about.